Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

From Lancaster, California, USA:

My 58 year old grandmother has type 2 diabetes, is taking no medications, and is not seeing a professional because she has no type of insurance. I'm worried about her because she's already had two heart attacks. Do you know of any clinics that would cover her? Please help; we're desperate.


Your grandmother needs to file for Medi-Cal in the county/city in which she lives. If she does not qualify they can refer her to a low cost state plan. There is available health care to everyone in California, you just need someone to help navigate the system. She can start by calling the Los Angeles or Long Beach public health department. They will refer her to the proper services.


Original posting 26 Aug 2001
Posted to Community Resources


  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:09:26
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.