Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

From the United Kingdom:

My 11 year old son was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes about three months ago, and we are going on holiday to Spain where measure the blood sugar level differently than in the UK. I need a conversion chart.


See Blood Sugar Converter. One mmol/L is equivalent to 18 mg/dl. However, keep in mind that you should be taking your son's meter (which I presume is set in mmol/L) with you, and should not need to convert at all.


Original posting 5 Sep 2001
Posted to Traveling


  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:09:26
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.