From Rivesville, West Virginia, USA:

My eight year old son was sent home from school because he wore a pump to school, and we were told he could not come back, so I am looking into this. On your site some time ago, I saw where a family won a law suit in Alabama over a school problem. Can you please tell me how I can find that story?

If indeed your son was suspended from school for just wearing an insulin pump, there is something terribly wrong. I suggest you contact your local American Diabetes Association affiliate for assistance with this problem.

I am not sure what case you a referring to. We have a case about glucose monitoring at school posted at Legislative and Legal Issues.

Posted to School and Daycare

Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to Top

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.