Question:

From Mt. Clemens, Michigan, USA:

While I was in the hospital, I gained 30 pounds. What can I do at home to help me lose weight? Is there any type of vitamin I can take to help lower my blood sugar?

Answer:

Sorry, but I am not aware of any vitamins that help in losing weight or lowering blood sugar. The obvious choices are the time-honored difficult things to do. Work on your diet and increase your activity. Pharmacologic treatment of obesity and hyperglycemia may be a possibility. However, these treatments require close consultation with your physician.

Posted to Weight and Weight Loss and Alternative Therapies and Explanations

Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.