From Fort Worth, Texas, USA:

I am 50 years old, I have had hypoglycemia since age 21, and I have chronic pancreatitis. My mother died of complications of diabetes at age 71. What are my chances of developing diabetes?

The risk of diabetes is increased with chronic pancreatitis and a family history of diabetes. I can't say for sure what your chances are, but they are significant. I would suggest you attempt to adhere to a healthy lifestyle and all that means.

Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.