Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

From Los Angeles, California, USA

Could you help me in locating a treatment center or research clinic for end stage diabetes? My brother has just had both legs amputated, and now is having problems with his fingers. The doctors he is seeing seem confused (surprised) about what is happening to him. If you could direct me to a physician or school of medicine that might take him and see about making his quality of life better, I would appreciate it.


I appreciate that you are wanting to help your brother -- this is wonderful. There are many centers in your area which specialize in diabetes, but your brother may live in another area. He certainly needs to see a specialist in diabetes, and he can find a nearby one by calling the local American Diabetes Association affiliate.

One major question -- Does he want to see a diabetes team and get help? If so, he will have to invest a lot of time and effort to achieving the best care possible and best health possible. The person with diabetes is the key player on the team.


[Editor's comment: See Finding a New Diabetes Doctor, at the Diabetes Monitor, for some additional advice. WWQ]

Original posting 15 Dec 2001
Posted to Community Resources


  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:09:30
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.