Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

From Ottawa, Ontario, Canada:

I have not been diagnosed, but I seem to have all the symptoms of hypoglycemia. When I have an attack, I have a racing pulse, sweating, my hand starts to shake, and I become very emotional and sometimes start crying. I usually feel better if I eat something like milk, yogurt, fruit or juice, but sometimes it takes a while before the symptoms go away. I have tried to remove most of the sugar from my diet, and I thought that I was starting to get it under control, I had been eating more sugar then normal over the holidays, and today I had an attack. Should I see a doctor or a dietitian? Should I just continue keeping sugar out of my diet? I'm really confused.


You may have reactive hypoglycemia which means that your blood glucose goes up after a carbohydrate load and then falls causing symptoms. I would suggest first the doctor and then maybe a dietitian.


Original posting 4 Jan 2002
Posted to Diagnosis and Symptoms


  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:09:30
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.