Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

From Boyce, Louisiana, USA:

Are there are any government agencies that help with college tuition for college for persons with type 1 diabetes?


I do not know of any government agencies that help with college tuition for persons with type 1 diabetes. There are some private companies that offer scholarships.

There are some special services offered to students with diabetes such as priority registration, preferred parking and student health services. Contact Student Special Services to find out what each institution offers.


[Editor's comment: Many colleges and universities have special scholarships available that do not get awarded each year. One should go to the office of financial assistance and see if diabetes is listed. It may also be available under medical scholarships, disability scholarships, etc., so one should be clever in looking for such help. Sometimes the office staff will be aware of how diabetes can be utilized in this fashion for financial aid. Local Lions Clubs are also another source to consider. Also see Scholarships at this web site for information and links to some answers to similar questions. SS]

Original posting 18 Jan 2002
Posted to Community Resources and School and Daycare


  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:09:30
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.