Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

From Wellington, Kansas, USA:

I am 20 years old, have had diabetes for 12 years treated with 30 units of NPH, and I have not seen my doctor because of my money problems. However, I want to know how I can straighten out my insulin doses because I'm totally off and afraid of the effects of what might happen.


It sounds like you are not really on the insulin regimen you are supposed to be on. I would suggest you speak with your physician, a social worker at the local hospital, or a hospital administrator in order to find care. For instance, there are programs through pharmaceutical companies where medications may be provided on the basis of need and financial situation. Your current situation is not adequate. You need to get help before you do further damage to your health.


Original posting 19 Jan 2002
Posted to Community Resources


  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:09:30
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.