Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

From The Woodlands, Texas, USA:

My 21 year old son, who has type 1 diabetes, has been hospitalized three times for DKA [diabetic ketoacidosis] and has also been taken to the emergency room five times for low blood sugar, but he contends that he does not need counseling. Are there any support groups for adults in our area? I think he would be more apt to go to something like that than to visit one on one with a counselor.


The best way to find out if there are any support groups in your area is to contact your local American Diabetes Association office and/or contact your son's diabetes team. Your son needs help. Please be sure to get it for him.


Original posting 21 Jan 2002
Posted to Community Resources


  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:09:30
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.