Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

From Norwich, Connecticut, USA:

While my son does not have diabetes, his genetic disorder produces the same end result as hypoglycemia, and I read with interest the article on the uncooked cornstarch bars. Are such bars available to be purchased in my area? They would be helpful in keeping his sugar levels stable.


Try Extend Bar or call 1-877-3EXTEND.


Additional comments from Dr. David Schwartz:

I've seen these in groceries and pharmacies. Ask the pharmacist.


Additional comments from Dr. Stuart Brink:

Any pharmacy or medical supply store can order these from the manufacturer for you.


Additional comments from David Mendosa, A Writer on the Web:

You can order Extend Bars from the Web site at An alternative is NiteBite, which you can order at


Original posting 13 Feb 2002
Posted to Hypoglycemia


  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:09:30
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.