From Mason City, Iowa, USA:

I am a nurse at a day care center which has three children with diabetes (ages 18 months to 5 years), and I am looking for a list of foods which contain no carbohydrates, if there is such a list.

There are several publications which give guidance for amounts of foods to eat for a serving. A good resource for carbohydrate, as well as protein and fat content is Exchange lists for Meal Planning published by the American Diabetes Association. There is a portion of the booklet that details low carbohydrate and free foods.

Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to Top

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.