Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

From Kassel, Germany:

Our 11 year old son has had type 1 diabetes for about three years, and, in very short time, we intend to move to Canada. We are writing to the Canadian Embassy for a permanent residence visa, and as soon as we have it, we intend to move. In Germany, our son gets full support from our sickness insurance fund for his diabetes supplies -- how it is in Canada for such kids? Will he get a support similar to Germany? What do we have to take into consideration?


Canada has a pretty good health system, but I would be cautious. Almost no country has as complete a program as the Western European nations. Canada's system is based on the province -- some are better than others.


[Editor's comment: Try contacting the Canadian Diabetes Association for more information. SS]

Original posting 19 Feb 2002
Posted to Community Resources


  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:09:30
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.