Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

From Saugus, Massachusetts, USA:

I am a 62 year old male with typeá2 diabetes who is on Social Security and has no health insurance. Is there any organization that can help with the cost of my supplies?


I have two suggestions. First, if you are eligible for Social Security benefits due to disability, then you are likely eligible for Medicare coverage. Contact your local Social Security office for more information. Otherwise, contact your local county or township social services office to see if you are eligible for Medicaid coverage.


Additional comments from David Mendosa, A Writer on the Web:

See Financial Help, Free Drugs, and The Angel Network.


Additional comments from Dr. Stuart Brink:

You should also discuss this with your physician and health care team since they will know of local resources.


Original posting 4 Mar 2002
Posted to Community Resources


  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:09:30
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.