Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

From Land O' Lakes, Florida, USA:

My wife has been told she has diabetes (although she has not gone for blood work yet), and she has been checking her blood but can't seem to get it down below 250 mg/dl [13.9 mmol/L]. What should we do ?


If your wife is having symptoms of hyperglycemia, including frequent urination, extreme thirst, weight loss, blurring of vision, and fatigue, and these high blood sugars, I would suggest your wife speak with her physician as soon as possible about medicine (oral or insulin) to bring the sugars down.


Original posting 6 Mar 2002
Posted to Hyperglycemia and DKA


  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:09:30
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.