Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

From Oneida, New York, USA:

I have been recently told I have type 2 diabetes, and I have continuous pain in my penis and a small bump on it. I have told my doctor about this who tells me it's related to diabetes. Should I question his answer? Should I request an x-ray to be sure it is not something else?


I find your description too general to know what the cause of the problem might be. I would be sure to communicate with doctor in order to understand what the problem is. This is something that has to be examined by your doctors, and I am not sure an x-ray is the correct thing to do to diagnose the problem. Rather, if it does not get better, you should ask for a referral to a urologist for another opinion.


Original posting 9 Mar 2002
Posted to Aches and Pains


  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:09:30
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.