Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

From Sacramento, California, USA:

My 39 year old friend has diabetes, and I would like to find our more about the implantable pump that will regulate insulin intake.


Your friend should look up the Medtronic MiniMed 2007 Implantable Insulin Pump System. As far as I know, clinical trials for this model have started in Germany, but there are none yet in the US -- which means it will a while before it will be available for general use in the USA.


[Editor's comment: It also should be made clear that these devices do not measure blood sugar, and require the patient to measure the sugar and adjust the pump settings, as with the more usual external insulin pumps. WWQ]

Original posting 12 Apr 2002
Posted to Insulin Pumps


  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:09:34
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.