Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

From Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA:

My boyfriend, who uses an insulin pump with Humalog, was recently dropped from his insurance. Is there a place that he can go that would help with either free insulin or insulin at a reduced rate?


The human resource person at his job should have ideas as to what he can do. There often is a COBRA plan available that will cover him for a certain period of time, although he pays quite a bit for it. As far as his diabetes care needs, I would suggest he speak with his diabetes team ASAP.


Additional comments from David S. Holtzman, Esq.:

Why was he dropped from his insurance? Is he under the age of 18? Does he have a job or is he a student? Does he live at home? Do the two of you share a home? If so, do you have health insurance coverage? These are all questions that would help in providing assistance to you in this matter.


Additional comments from David Mendosa, A Writer on the Web:

Please see the special highlighted section on Financial Aid and its links at the bottom of General Web Sites at On-line Diabetes Resources.


Original posting 9 May 2002
Posted to Community Resources


  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:09:34
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.