From Colorado, USA:

My daughter, who has had typeá1 diabetes for five years, used to have long hair, but now it is breaking off. What should we do?

Hair that breaks off can represent other problems such as a fungal infection. I would suggest reviewing your current problem with your daughter's pediatrician.

Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.