Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

From Carlisle, Cumbria, England:

At the moment, my friend gets free insulin and syringes from the National Health service here in the UK, but he is about to emigrate to Greece and would like to know If he can get these free there. Greece is a member state of the European Community so we are entitled to the same health care as Greek people, So far no-one can tell us, but I know that a few of


Your friend should contact the British Diabetes Association either by mail or through the web site. The Greek Embassy in London should also be able to answer his questions.


[Editor's comment: Your friend could also contact the Hellenic Diabetologic Association, 4 Papadiamandopoulou Street, 11528 Athens, Greece Tel. 30- 1/7211845. SS]

Original posting 31 Aug 2002
Posted to Community Resources


  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:09:38
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.