From Fulton, Illinois, USA:

I have type 2 diabetes, and for the last week my levels have gone from 140 mg/dl [7.8 mmol/L] to 339 mg/dl [18.3 mmol/L] or higher. What would cause this?

A sudden change in blood sugars can indicate a serious health problem (such as an infection) which has nothing to do with your diabetes. You need to see a doctor right away to see what is going on.

Posted to Daily Care and Traveling

Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.