From Phoenix, Arizona, USA:

My nephew from India will be travelling to Canada next week, and I am trying to find Canadian equivalent of his insulin. He uses Mixtard 30 which contains 30% soluble insulin and 70% isophane insulin and is available from NovoNordisk, India.

I asked a friend from Novo about the equivalent insulin in Canada, and a pharmacist from Novo Canada just answered me:

The equivalent product to Novomix 30 in Canada is Novolin ge 30/70. In Canada, the product is available both as a 10ml vial, and 3 ml or 1.5 ml Penfills for the Novolin Pens.

If you have further questions, please contact Novo Nordisk Canada, Medical and Technical Inquiries at 1-800-465-4334 (905-629-4222, direct).

Best regards
Shira Cherns, B.Sc., B.Sc.(Phm.)
Medical Services Associate
Novo Nordisk Canada Inc.

Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.