Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

From Rock Hill, South Carolina, USA:

I do not have a job and Medicaid does not pay for test strips or syringes. Is there any foundation or group I can turn to for help?


Someone has provided you with incorrect information. The South Carolina Medicaid program does supply all recipients using insulin with blood glucose monitors, strips and insulin syringes. However, recipients may be limited to certain brands of items or receiving the materials from only participating suppliers. I would suggest that you contact the Medicaid program directly at (888) 549-0820. Or you can visit their web site.


Additional comments from Shirley Goodman, diabetes nurse specialist:

Have you spoken with a social worker or benefits coordinator regarding your child's eligibility for state assistance for medical care? There are both State and Federal programs designed to help pay for medical cost, including syringes and testing strips, for children.


Original posting 24 Nov 2002
Posted to Community Resources


  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:09:38
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.