Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

From Jonesboro, Georgia, USA:

My niece, who has type 1 diabetes, is starting college next month and plans to study to be a dietitian. I am searching for any scholarship money that might be available.


Have your niece contact the college she will attend. They sometimes have special scholarships or other assistance under a variety of medical plans:

  • diabetes
  • medical disabilities
  • chronic illnesses
These are some categories that they don't always tell you about.


[Editor's comment: Some states have assistance for young people with chronic disease. Your niece's school counsellor and diabetes team may be able to help you locate resources. SS]

[Editor's comment: Also, see Scholarship information at this website. WWQ]

Original posting 9 Dec 2002
Posted to Community Resources


  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:09:42
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.