Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

From Townsend, Montana, USA:

Twice, my 10 year old, overweight son has gotten sick after eating something like pizza (greasy) or a lot of candy. He vomits throughout the night but feels better the next morning. It is like he is having some type of reaction to what he is eating, like a sugar overdose. I am worried because he gets so ill. I do try and watch what he eats, but that does not always work. Could this be diabetes?


These would not be typical symptoms of diabetes. You can look elsewhere at this website for typical symptoms. Could this be a reaction to certain foods? It could it be food intolerance or reflections of gall bladder disease, intestinal problems, liver disease, or pancreas disease. Could it be some type of emotional reaction? Possibly.

I suggest that you confer with your son's regular pediatrician but in the meantime, start recording a diary of what he eats, when, and if/when he gets this vomiting episode to see if there is some type of relationship.


Original posting 19 Jan 2003
Posted to Diagnosis and Symptoms


  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:09:42
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.