Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

From Pennsylvania, USA:

I am a practicing pharmacist in a rural town. I have a customer who is dealing with a diabetic specialist for their 2 year old son. He seems to be a brittle type 1 diabetic with large changes in his blood sugar levels. He is taking several shots of insulin per day. They would like to know who they could go to in the state of Pennsylvania for a second opinion. Could you recommend any doctors that may be able to help them?


Folks at the Children's Hospitals in your state have excellent pediatric diabetes programs with nurse educators, dietitians and pediatric endocrinologists specializing in diabetes. I would recommend these programs.


Original posting 24 Feb 2003
Posted to Community Resources


  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:09:42
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.