Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

From Indianapolis, Indiana, USA:

Where can I get financial support for a doctor, insulin, and other diabetes supplies? If I get insurance from work, it won't cover my diabetes for up to a year since it is a pre-existing condition, and I am not eligible for Medicare or Medicaid because I'm not a mother or elderly.


Please see my article Financial Aid.


Additional comments from David S. Holtzman, Esq.:

I am not aware of any source of financial assistance to people with diabetes who do not have insurance coverage for diabetes treatment.


[Editor's comment: I would inquire as to whether or not your employer's insurance plan has a period of "open enrollment". This is often the case for new employees and at the beginning of the insurance year. Typically during these periods, the pre-existing clause might be waived. SS]

[Editor's comment: See Paying for diabetes expenses Free Drugs and some similar previous questions. WWQ]

Original posting 3 Mar 2003
Posted to Community Resources


  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:09:42
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.