From Los Angeles, California, USA:

Is there any computer program that can help me decide how many doses of insulin I should give my son based on his premeal blood glucose level, amount of carbohydrate in his meal, time of day, and activity level?

I am unaware of any computer-based expert system that can be used to determine insulin dosing. The closest program might be AIDA, which is a software simulator of glucose-insulin action and can be downloaded free. The disclaimer for AIDA specifically states, however, that it is just a simulation and that any changes to your diabetes care should be discussed with your diabetes team.

Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.