Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

From Crystal City, Texas, USA:

I have dark brown spots that feel kind of scaly, and I don't know what it is. Is this normal for someone with a type 2 diabetes? Should I get help?


You don't say where these spots are or how long you have had them. This is one reason why remote diagnosis is rather fraught with difficulty. I would recommend that you bring your rash to the attention of your primary care physician/diabetes team.


Original posting 5 Jul 2003
Posted to Other


  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:09:46
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.