Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

From Wisconsin, USA:

How do I find specific State laws governing insulin administration in school? Can an unlicensed person draw insulin into a syringe? Should they only be using pens? I cannot find any law or statute as I search the State government web sites. I assume it is under the Department of Public Instruction?


I would recommend contacting the State's Education Department and asking for the unit assisting children with special needs. They will be able to help you identify the law or regulation governing insulin administration in the school setting.


Original posting 30 Sep 2003
Posted to School and Daycare


  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:09:52
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.