Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

From Brookline, Massachusetts, USA:

Can you please tell me if you know if any residential treatment programs in the Northeast that either specialize in diabetes and/or chronic diseases, or at least accepts kids with diabetes?


I am not sure what kind of residential facility you are looking for. You don't indicate if this patient is having difficulty with his diabetes or behavioral issues. I would check with a social worker at your local children's hospital who be able to provide the requested information.


Additional comments from Dr. Andrea Scaramuzza:

I write from Italy, and I know that is a bit complicated, but if you want give your child an holiday in Italy we organize every year four occasion for children with diabetes. The next one will be held in January the mountains, and one of the activities will be skiing.


Original posting 8 Oct 2003
Posted to Community Resources


  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:09:52
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.