Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

From Miami, Florida, USA:

Where in Miami, Florida can I go to receive training on injecting my husband's son with insulin (he is 11 years old)? Also, where can I receive training on the basics of his illness and how to monitor his sugar levels? We recently married and I want to be aware of how I can help the child when he is at home on the weekends with us.


This child has had diabetes for a bit of time. Presumably he is followed by a physician, and probably a pediatric endocrinologist. There are several in Miami - some at the Children's Hospital and University/medical school and others in private practice.

I'd suggest that you call the child's diabetes team and ask for some sessions with the Certified Diabetes Educator. They will be more than happy to meet with you and teach you basics and beyond. And while this is probably covered by insurance, if it is not you will find this money well spent!

Good for you for wanting to learn more and be involved and caring.


Original posting 5 Jan 2004
Posted to Community Resources


  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:09:54
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.