Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

From Pennsylvania, USA:

I have been having a problem with my child's school regarding how they treat her with her diabetes. She is denied field trips. They are not doing right how they are treating her blood sugars and also when it is time for her snacks are to be given to her. I want to know how I can go about filing a 504 plan. Every year it is getting worse.


Under federal laws, schools are required to provide care to students with diabetes on field trips and at school-related extracurricular events. Please review the ADA web site's School Discrimination section for more info and call 1-800-DIABETES to ask for a school discrimination packet or to speak to our legal advocate.


Original posting 23 Jan 2004
Posted to School and Daycare


  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:09:54
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.