Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

From New Delhi, India:

I am 18 years old. My height is 180 cm. I weigh 102 kg. My BMI is 31. Is it possible to reduce my weight by diet modifications alone and without exercise? I have been told to shed at least 20 kg. by my doctor. I take Huminsulin 30/70 and Humalog. Please guide me


Yes, it is possible. In order to accomplish this, you probably need to work with a dietician. Hopefully, one is available to you. The inclusion of a dietician in our diabetes centers in the U.S. allow for this interaction. You first need to discuss your current calorie intake. This frequently means keeping a diary to quantitate your calorie intake. Next, you need to determine what your calorie intake should be to support a healthier lifestyle. Finally, you should discuss appropriate foods to stress and those to eliminate in your diet in order to meet your goals. It may be obvious that this is a process and requires continued learning.


Original posting 28 Jan 2004
Posted to Weight and Weight Loss


  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:09:54
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.