Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

From Virginia, USA:

How do I get a copy of the Carb Count Chart? Are there any studies that I can be involved in, in my area?


I would advise that you contact a registered dietitian or your local American Diabetes Association office to receive a copy of The Exchange List for Meal Planning which categorizes nutrient composition for commonly eaten foods. Ask your physician for a referral to a registered dietitian, if necessary. With regards to studies, also ask your physician if he/she is aware of ongoing diabetes research trials in your community. Much of the time they receive information about such clinical trials for diabetes.


Original posting 18 Feb 2004
Posted to Meal Planning, Food and Diet


  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:09:54
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.