Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

From Lima, Ohio, USA:

I am currently enrolled in college as a social work major. I want to work with juveniles with diabetes. What kind of agencies are there that have social workers that help children with diabetes? How do I become a certified diabetes educator (CDE) after I graduate?


You can find the latest requirements, such as number of training hours, for the CDE exam on-line at the National Certification Board Diabetes Educators web site. Offhand, I can think of all sorts of organizations that might need a social worker who has interest in diabetes. I would recommend that you contact the ADA, JDRF, diabetes-focused hospitals, children's hospitals, and other diabetes centers. I would think that the advisors in your social work studies could also help direct you. Specifically, I am not familiar with the resources in your state.


Original posting 3 Mar 2004
Posted to Other


  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:09:56
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.