Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

From Wilmington, USA:

My spouse has just been diagnosed with gestational diabetes. What foods can she eat?


It sounds as if you and your spouse would benefit from meeting with a registered dietitian who specializes in gestational diabetes meal planning. Meal plans nowadays are more individualized in order to meet calorie needs for the mom and baby and normalize blood sugars.

To find such a dietitian, you can:

  1. Contact any nearby diabetes program, which may be located at a hospital, or medical school

  2. Contact the local office of your national diabetes association

  3. In the US, you could also call 1-800-TEAM-UP-4, a service of the American Association of Diabetes Educators


Original posting 14 Mar 2004
Posted to Meal Planning, Food and Diet and Gestational Diabetes


  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:09:56
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.