Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

From Austell, Georgia, USA:

My grandchild was hospitalized and diagnosed this weekend. Even though both parents work, they are financially strapped. Are there any resources available in the Muncie, Indiana area, where they live? Unfortunately, they were too overwhelmed to discuss how they can afford insulin and supplies.


There are federally supported state programs to provide subsidized health insurance for children. You need to make sure that your grandchildren become enrolled. You can get more information at The Indiana Family and Social Services Administration web site.


Original posting 6 Jun 2004
Posted to Insurance/Costs and Other Social Issues


  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:09:58
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.