From India:

Can a diabetic patient replace his morning meal/lunch completely with fruits, taking into consideration salt restrictions due to mildly elevated blood pressure, and obesity? The patient takes no medication.

I believe it is possible to use fruits at breakfast and lunch, as long as there is adequate protein content with the evening meal and for the day. I would suggest such a diet be reviewed by a dietician for protein content, calories, and essential nutrients.

Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to Top

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.