Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

From Hebron, Kentucky, USA:

Kentucky does not recognize diabetes in a certain way and we have to pay for some of the pump supplies for our child. In Ohio, they pay for all pump supplies. Who can we contact in the state of Kentucky to find a solution to this problem?


You need to contact your state representative and state senator! Every state has the right to set their own laws specifying the minimum requirements for health insurance coverage. Kentucky's law regarding health insurance coverage for the treatment of diabetes does not require insurers to cover pump supplies. Ohio's law does.


Original posting 6 Jul 2004
Posted to Insurance/Costs


  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:09:58
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.