From Morro Bay, California, USA:

What is your opinion of the Jenny Craig diet program? Would you recommend it for an "on the go" person who has little time to pre-plan and measure foods? I have non-diabetic friends that have had great success on the program!

A "diet, " which usually involves a short term commitment to a calorie restriction, is not as effective as a "meal plan" for people with diabetes. Diets are usually short-lived with temporary results, and sometimes more weight comes on after going off the diet. I would rather suggest that you schedule an appointment with a registered dietitian who specializes in diabetes meal planning. Meal planning is individualized nowadays in order to fit into a person's usual routine and work in the person's food likes and dislikes (without compromising blood sugar control). Please ask your physician for a referral to this nutrition expert, if needed.

Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.