Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

From Thibodaux, Louisiana, USA:

My fiance has twin daughters, age seven, who live in Oklahoma. One of the twins was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes approximately four months ago. Their mother will not let us have visitation with the twins, here in Louisiana, until we are certified to take care of a child with diabetes. I have contacted our local medical center for information and would like to know if you could point us in the right direction on where we could go for a class or seminar?


There are several resources for you, some local and some national. Locally, Thibodaux Regional Medical Center has a nationally recognized diabetes education program. Other nationally recognized diabetes education centers are listed at the American Diabetes Association' Education Recognition Program. Or, you can search the American Association of Diabetes Educators' Find a Diabetes Educator.


Original posting 28 Sep 2004
Posted to Other


  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:09:58
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.