Question:

From Pakistan:

My 11 year old son has diabetes and takes insulin three times in a day. I would like to give him only one injection per day. Is there any type of insulin that can be injected once a day?

Answer:

There is no insulin that given only once in a day might be able to confer a 11 years old boy even the least acceptable metabolic control. The modern concept of diabetes is to give a basal insulin, such as glargine (Lantus), once a day and lispro (Humalog) or aspart (NovoLog) before each meal.

Posted to Blood Tests and Insulin Injections and Insulin

Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.