Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

From Ogden, Utah, USA:

I am concerned that the care I am getting and the answers I am looking for. I feel that I am being pushed to see the P.A. (Physician's Assistant) when I want my son to see the specialist. I chose the specialist because he is considered the best in the state, but he insists that I see his P.A. who has threatened to turn me into the state for what she thinks is medical neglect. She claims this because his A1c test have been high for about a year and half. However, the P.A. has not changed any of the insulin dosages for that year and half. I rely on them to guide me in the right direction and think that I am being misled, and that my son's health is at risk due to not getting the direction from the doctor that I think we should be getting. The specialist is now telling me that I have to see the P.A. despite the rudeness she shows to me, every other time my son goes to this office. I am very concerned and feel that I should change doctors. Do you think this is the case?


Where you seek care for your son is your personal choice. If your current physician is not meeting your needs, it may be time to move on.


Original posting 27 Dec 2004
Posted to Other and A1c, Glycohemoglobin, HgbA1c


  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:10:00
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.