Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

From St. Petersburg, Florida, USA:

We recently relocated and need to find a doctor. I have the American Medical Association locater web site, but is there a better way to search for pediatricians/endocrinologists who work with diabetic children? How do I check their licenses for any disciplinary action?


If you're looking for a pediatric endocrinologist, the Lawson Wilkins Pediatric Endocrine Society (LWPES) web site allows you to search by city and/or state. In order to be a member of the society, one must meet the following criteria:

  1. Two years of formal fellowship in pediatric endocrinology or metabolism.

  2. Continued interest, activity and contribution in the field for one or more years.

  3. Applicants with formal fellowship training in fields other than pediatric endocrinology and metabolism must have two years of postdoctoral training and four years of continued research in areas relevant to pediatric endocrinology and metabolism.

  4. Two letters of recommendation from active members of the Society.

  5. Two publications in a peer reviewed journal or certified in Pediatric Endocrinology.


Original posting 30 Dec 2004
Posted to Other


  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:10:00
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.