Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

From Keansburg, New Jersey, USA:

I am 22 years old with type 1 diabetes. I have a hospital bill total of $6,200. I have no medication or health care coverage. My blood sugar is 600 mg/dl [33.3 mmol/L].I am not working right now. I need help because I am very weak.


Go to your town or county social services agency and apply for Medicaid. You can locate the information concerning Medicaid on the web at State of New Jersey web site or by looking in the blue pages of your telephone book. If you qualify for Medicaid, you will have access to no-cost or low-cost medical services. You should also discuss with them your recent hospital bill to see if you can obtain retroactive or emergency Medicaid benefits.


Original posting 15 Aug 2005
Posted to Insurance/Costs and Hyperglycemia and DKA


  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:10:04
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.