Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

From McKinney, Texas, USA:

Does a school nurse in the state of Texas have the right to contact a student's physician without parental consent to obtain medical information?


Federal privacy laws require a signed authorization (by patient/parent/guardian) in order for your child's health care provider to release information. For more information, see the American Diabetes Association's web page on School Discrimination or call 1-800-DIABETES.


Original posting 25 Oct 2005
Posted to School and Daycare


  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:10:04
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.