Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

From Lafayette, Indiana, USA:

We would like to involve our son in a clinical trial with Dr. Kevan Herold. The trial is approved by the JDRF and I think it is supported or funded by them. But, the trial is at Yale in Connecticut and we live in Indiana. It will be a long and expensive trip, especially since he needs to be there for at least 14 days. Are there any organizations that offer financial support for diabetics for their clinical trial treatment?


I am unaware of any organization that covers only travel costs associated with diabetes research studies. You could, however, contact the group performing the study to see if they can help.


Original posting 21 Sep 2006
Posted to Research: Other Research


  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:10:08
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.