Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

From Glendora, California, USA:

My grandson rode his bike into a wall and has a 2 inch by 4 inch abrasion on his shoulder. We washed the area, put Neosporin on it, and covered it with a gauze bandage and tape. By nighttime, there was pus oozing from it. My instinct is to let a doctor check it. What is the criterion for when to seek help from a doctor? My grandson is 13 and has had type 1 diabetes for one and a half years.


Infected wounds should be seen by your pediatrician regardless of diabetes.


Original posting 18 May 2010
Posted to Other


  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: Tuesday May 18, 2010 16:15:32
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.