Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

From Warren, Michigan, USA:

Is there something to keep in the car that will be able to be seen if there is a accident of any sort that will tell people that our daughter has type 1 diabetes, if were are not able to help?


I highly recommend that your daughter wear a medical identification product with "Diabetes" noted on the product. There are many companies that make these products. See our online list of Medical Identification Products.

For teens and adults, one product that is uniquely for cars is the "Diabetic Driver Car Window Decal".


Original posting 31 May 2010
Posted to Other


  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: Tuesday June 01, 2010 08:14:26
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.